1. Spider follow links from one page to another and—pages they find on their way
2.When a seach engine receives a search engine request, it compares the —with index pages in the database
Ans – index
3.search engine look for sites that employ—-in order to remove them from their indices
Ans- black hat seo
4. Most users find a seach engine result they like within the top — result presented
5.Which of the following statments about SERP is true?
Ans – all of these
6.Provide the directory search result for yahoo
Ans yahoo directory
7. Which of the following content types is most easily crawled by the major search engines?
8.Which of the following is not seach engine friendly
Ans – Iframe
9.According to Google Focus on the –and seach engine rank will follow
10. Which of the following links are most undesirable for crawlers?
11. What is the interval for updating pagerank by google
Ans – in continuation
12.Where do seach engines for content inside an iframe?
Ans – On the source page of the iframe
13 Google pagerank is commonly represented on scale from
Ans – 0to10
14. The keyword and description attributes belong to which of the following tags?
15.Which of the following options is used to associate the country-coded domain name called
`mypages.fr with france
Ans- None of the these the search engine automatically associatest the country coded domain with country
16- Beside Google which of the following search engine use page rank
Ans – none of these
17.Which of the Following statements about SERP is true?
Ans- All of these
18.Do stylesheet influence search engine ranking?
Ans – skip ths
19.Which of the following search engine uses the hilltop algorithm
20.Which of the following search engine uses the big daddy algorithm?
Ans – Google
21.Which of the following statements is true?
Ans – An inbound link from a link farm will cause search engine to penalize a site
22. List sites that are relevant to a given topic.
Ans – Search Directories
23.Which of the following actions can help improve your search engine rank?
Ans- All of these
24.What google algorithm change resulted in the penalization of site that made use of black hat link farms?
25.What is rel=”canonical” tag use for?
Ans – Skip
26. Optimizating a website primarily involves editing its content,—–and associated coding.?
Ans – HTML
27. SEO Companies that employ overly aggressive techniques can get their client websites—–search result.
Ans – Banned from
28. The black hat technique of “feeding” search engine bots with different HTML code than the HTML code actually served to user is commonly known as—–
Ans – cloaking
28. Which of the following is an ethical technique for improving a site rank?
Ans – Rewrite title tags writing relevant and unique content on your web pages
29. For a page to rank high for a particular keyword,which of the following is least important?
Ans – Density of that particular keyword in the website
30.What is the importance of a sitemap?
Ans – it can help search engine crawler/spider access the pages of your site
32. white hat technique are most recommend for SEO
Ans – White
33.Which of the following is least important for search engine optimization?
Ans – Gernal internet skills
34. Which of the following actions is not considered unethical?
Ans – Redirection of user based on their location
35. Which of the following link schemes will not adversely affect your site?
Ans – Linking to other sites you think your user will find interesting or useful
36.Which of the following is black hat SEO?
Ans – Link Farming
37.What is page swapping?
Ans – replacing a page with another after using the first page to achieve a high page rank
38. Which of the following is the correct way to use the META robots tag to prevent crawlers from indexing a page but allow links on the page to be followed?
Ans – robots=”noindex follow”
39. Which of the following lines should be added in the robots.txt file to specifically allow the robot bigbot to crawl a site?
Ans – Useragent-bigbot and disallow
40. Which of the following best describes LSI- Indexing
Ans – the page that appears when a customer clicks on an search engine result link.
41. What does 10% search engine saturation mean with respect to a website?
Ans – 10% of user on the internet will visit this website
42. Do stylesheet influence search engine ranking?
Ans – Idont know
43. What is the rel=”canonical” tag used for?
Ans – to stop the passing of page rank to this link.